DUE TO NUMEROUS REQUESTS, WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE AN EXTENSION OF THE DEADLINE FOR PAYMENT OF REGISTRATION FEES UNTIL 15.02.2018.
PLEASE REGISTER EARLY TO AVOID LAST MINUTE RUSH. YOU CAN FIND THE DETAILS FOR PAYMENT ON THIS PAGE
The East Africa Centre for Research and Innovation in Social Work (CRISOWO) is pleased to invite you to the International Social Work Conference that will take place from 19th to 22 March, 2018, to coincide with World Social Work Day. The conference will be jointly launched by Makerere University (Uganda), University of Nairobi, (Kenya); University of Rwanda; Hope Africa University (Burundi), Institute of Social Work, (Tanzania); and Carinthia University of Applied Sciences, (Austria)
We are pleased to welcome you to Rwanda, the Land of a Thousand Hills. You will be fascinated by its wonderful nature and touched by the graciousness of its people. In the face of the horrible experiences of the 1994 genocide, Rwanda has shown tremendous efforts to rebuild the country and achieve reconciliation through very innovative, home-grown models.
The international conference will address issues such as rampant poverty, community and environmental sustainability, and the challenges of sustainable development in Africa. As part of celebrating World Social Work Day 2018, the conference delegates will join hands and march on the streets of Kigali; they will have the chance to visit a genocide memorial in the heart of Kigali city; and they will enjoy the hospitality and cultural richness of Rwanda. This conference builds on a very uniquely designed, landmark PROSOWO conference held in Kampala in 2014; which has inspired subsequent social work-activism oriented events not just in East Africa but in Europe and other parts of the world. We look forward to providing even a better package in order to make the Kigali conference life changing for you.
Professional Social Work and Sustainable Development in Africa
- Social work ethics and legislation
- Social and environmental justice in a changing global environment
- Population dynamics, human rights, gender equality and social justice
- Poverty, unemployment, socio-economic inequalities and sustainable poverty eradication
- Social administration, policy processes and advocacy
- Social work linkages, networks and partnerships for development
- Indigenous and innovative social work models and approaches
- Social work with special groups: children, youths, the elderly, victims of conflict, violence and human trafficking, minority groups, and others
- Social work education: curricula, pedagogy, field practice, carrier pathways and research
- Social protection and social security systems: challenges and innovations
Who is eligible to participate: The Conference is open to Social Work academics, students, practitioners, policy makers and other social welfare/social development sector at a nominal fee.
HOW TO REGISTER
Please read below or open the button on Registration
Who is eligible to participate: The Conference is open to Social Work academics, students, practitioners, policy makers and other social welfare/social development sector at a nominal fee. Registration to participate will be confirmed on payment. The registration fees structure is as follows:
- Students USD 40
- Non-students /practitioners from Africa USD 120
- Non-students /practitioners from outside Africa USD 200
Note: The above fees do not include accommodation. See the page on accommodation for the various options and rates for hotels within the environs of the venue for the conference.
In order to register you need to go through the Instructions on how to register for the conference. Please click here
Payments should be made through the following account and proof of payment, clearly indicating the reason for payment and the name of the participant emailed to: email@example.com
Bank Name: Bank of Kigali
Account name: RWA-NASW
Account No: 00050-00464439-20
P.o Box. 175 Kigali
Tel: (+250) 0252 593 100
Telefax : 252 575504
SWIFT CODE: BKIGRWRW
BANK CODE: XXX (This applies to all branches)
NAME AND ADDRESS OF RECIPIENT
NAME: RWANDA NATIONAL ORGANISATION OF SOCIAL WORKERS
P.O BOX 20
TEL NO. +250 788 528 394 /+250 788 612 351
We look forward to welcoming you at ISW 2018